We are abiding by the UK Government's New November Guidelines with handling COVID-19. We are open for business as usual with a deliveries only service. Please be aware there can be some additional delays of 3-7 working days on top of normal operation times we provide due to the lockdown in place in the UK.
This delay can be down to shortage of staff with our couriers and the high demand of parcels being put into the network as everyone adopts online ordering.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Operational Principle of the Self-Watering Planter
How Does the Self-Watering System Work?
LECHUZA planters consist of an outer and an inner pot. The pots are different in height and this difference produced a space which acts as a water reservoir.
The inner pot has drainage holes. Moisture is pulled through them into the LECHUZA-PON substrate from the water reservoir. A moist area is formed. During the first three weeks the plant’s roots grow enough to reach this moist area and begin to take optimum amounts of water and fertilizer.
Modern life takes a lot of time for family, work and other important matters. We love flowers and plants, but we rarely find free the time to take care of them. Now, they will also be healthy and beautiful with self-watering planters. These types do not water the plants on their own; they provide constant soil moisture. The plant gets enough liquid on a regular basis and you water it less often.
The design of these planters may differ, but the self-watering system remains the same. The principle of work is to add water and the roots of the plant remain moist for a certain time. These containers may have a side scale to indicate the amount of liquid in the filling tube. All self-watering containers have an overflow indicator to allow the water to drain if the reservoir is full. This prevents plants and flowers from staying in the water for a long time. If you added a lot of liquid or it rained, then the roots will not rot and you could remove water that is more than the required level shows.
LECHUZA planters consist of an outer and an inner pot. The pots are different in height and this difference produced a space which acts as a water reservoir. The inner pot has drainage holes. Moisture is pulled through them into the LECHUZA-PON substrate from the water reservoir. A moist area is formed. During the first three weeks the plant’s roots grow enough to reach this moist area and begin to take optimum amounts of water and fertilizer. Self-watering planters work as follows:
- A special float acts as a water level indicator, demonstrating when the amount of water is sufficient, and when it is necessary to refill the reservoir.
- The water supply shaft provides easy access for water filling.
- The LECHUZA-PON substrate acts as a drainage layer and is an alternative to conventional soil.
- The inner pot, or separator, creates a water reservoir.
- Retractable handles are part of the inner pot make it easier to care for the plant.
There are many advantages to using such self-watering containers. This not only saves you time for caring for your plant, but also gives the correct moisture distribution for its root system. The water is in a closed tank and does not evaporate into the air. But when you spray your flowers and plants or use a watering can, most of the liquid ends up in the soil or plant leaves, where it can evaporate. The plant does not receive enough moisture and does not benefit from it. Self-watering planters give enough water to the soil and the roots are moistened as much as the plant needs.
The list of products from the article
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA Quadro LS Square Poly Resin Self-watering Planter £129.99 VIEW
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA PURO Color Round Poly Resin Self-watering Planter White £14.99 VIEW
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA DELTINI|MINI-DELTINI Round Poly Resin Indoor Self-watering Planter £9.99 VIEW
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA DELTA 10|DELTA 20 Poly Resin Indoor Self-watering Planter £34.99 VIEW
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA CUBICO Square Tall Poly Resin Self-watering Planter White £170.98 VIEW
- Planters LECHUZA CLASSICO LS Round Poly Resin Self-watering Planter White £27.99 VIEW
- Self-watering planters LECHUZA CLASSICO Color Round Poly Resin Self-watering Planter White £137.99 VIEW